cop a look at my proper blog, if you want.
the first thing that happened this morning was that i had the weirdest semi-conscious thought that it was the last day of my 365. and i envisioned my family congratulating me on it? actual lol.
but anyway, this is indeed the last entry i’ll be doing on my 365 and you do not know how depressing that is! i sense that good things are coming and so i don’t want to stop, but i’m afraid to commit for another year. although this one would be a big one, and the upkeep isn’t always so terrible. yes, i’ve gotten two weeks behind at some points, but i could go again.
i need to write about today first.
i woke up at 9:30 and got into the city for 12, since i had work then. i tolerated work. barely. haha. i was itching to get out of there all day - everyone who was working except for leila, mitch and tara were people i’m not really close with! i hate that. i was stuck out in the back as seems to be the norm nowadays. leila didn’t have much to do up the front so she kept me entertained/awake by telling me about weird dreams relating to sausage dogs and bringing me chocolates. when i finally got to go on my break at 4:00, i was sitting, eating my sushi and texting sav and she crept up behind me and put her wet hands all over my shoulders. i think i would have gone insane if she hadn’t been around, hahaha. i like that i actually have a really good friend at work now!
i walked to the station with tara after work (finished at 5) and mum and dad picked me up. i got home, ate pretzels and then went for a run around the oval with dad. also pulled the sled along. hmmm.
so i haven’t had an entirely eventful day, and i doubt tonight will be, either. but i don’t feel like i should’ve had a big day anyway because i’ve got a lot to talk about otherwise!
this was honestly one of the best possible years that i could have documented. i had a lot of down time, granted. but in the past year, i have…
- accepted two university offers, ultimately rejecting one. the next leg of that journey is impending - i have a month to go, roughly. that’s fucking terrifying. i don’t want to go to uni, but that’s another topic.
- had four jobs, all with varying duties - i was a barista, an admin assistant, a short order chef and now i’m a sales assistant.
- saved a lot of money from all of those jobs. i have/had enough to pop over to europe with danni in the future, to restock my wardrobe 100 times over, to buy a new laptop, to buy trillions of concert tickets and presents and little insignificant bits and pieces. honestly, i have more money than i know what to do with.
- experienced the death of a family member for the first time, albeit a distant one for me personally. this was the biggest blessing in disguise because it brought me so much closer to my family.
- spent infinite amounts of time with other wonderful people. i’d never had someone stay with me for an entire week before, but that happened twice over. i have sure as hell never had as many unforgettable nights with friends as i did this year. i like that i’ve got them all written down.
- lost a lot of people who, as it turns out, meant little. i hung onto this for quite a while but i can safely say that i don’t care nowadays. there are plenty of other potential friends around the place.
- dropped, as of this morning and the last few (plateauing quite a bit, i’m not sure why as i hadn’t hit a brick wall like this yet, but i won’t let it get me down) 30.7 kg. um, okay. let me just point out that i literally NEVER used to exercise on the 15th january, 2011. i can now run distances and i play netball and i swim like nobody’s business. and i was eating mcdonald’s god knows how frequently. and drinking. i hate to think about it now. i haven’t had mcdonald’s (or any other sort of take away) in 5 months and 10 days. i do still drink, but just quietly, i am very close to giving that up. so yes! i am 10000000 times healthier and more confident than i was when i began this blog. i guess that’s why i’m the most thankful that i chose to start it when i did.
so yep… that’s all.
cheers for following and let’s all party down because we don’t have to see my face daily anymore, HOO-RAH! you may still occasionally, when i’ve had an exceptionally fantastic time, but nothing is certain.